[cisco-voip] Faxes and VG224's

Kris Seraphine baryonyx5 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 15:07:04 EDT 2008

SG3 fax relay support was added in 12.4(6)T.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_4t/12_4t4/sg3spoof.html

I've been on the project this year where we've moved about 200 fax
machines onto VG224s.  In all but a few cases, we haven't had any
trouble.  The keys have been to make sure fax passthrough and G.711
are used for all fax transmissions (on or off net) and that the super
G feature is disabled on the fax machine (when the setting is
available).

This assumes QOS is implemented and working throughout the network.

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 4:43 AM, Granger, Simon
<simon.granger at fmglobal.com> wrote:
> Our current faxes works as ECM and they can send faxes fine, but new faxes
> work as G3 but they keep dropping the connection.
>

> Is there something that we have to set in Call manager, Gateways, Or
> Routers??
>

> Has anyone also implemented tail end hop off for faxes?
>

> Thanks for the help.
>

> Simon Granger
>

> Registered No. 755780 England
>
> Registered Office: FM Insurance Company Limited
>
> 1 Windsor Dials, Windsor,
>
> Berkshire, UK, SL4 1RS
>
> Regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
>
> VAT No. G.B.: 792 4276 02

kris seraphine