[cisco-voip] announced transfer ring

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 11:57:49 EDT 2008

I've never seen anything like that unless its a new feature starting in 6
(on 5.1 currently). Unless Attendant Console or ARC can do something like
that?

Could make something similar work by having the receptionist place a new
call to user C instead of a transfer, and if user C wants the call then
place another new call from user B to user C and use the direct transfer
softkey. really convoluted though.

I've not run into any receptionists here that could handle all those button
presses or that would go along with it if they could. I get enough
complaints some some of them about having to press a transfer key at all, or
having to press it twice to complete the transfer.

Might be easier to just have person B send the caller directly to a
voicemail box if C doesnt want to talk to them.

--
Ed Leatherman
Senior Voice Engineer