[cisco-voip] MWI will not turn off

Brandon Sabol bsabol at withersravenel.com
Wed Jul 30 15:05:42 EDT 2008

First and foremost I will admit that I do not know very much about Cisco/Unity, but I have been tasked with trying to fix this problem and I'm not getting anywhere with it. What I do know is we are running Cisco Callmanager 3.3 and Cisco Unity 3.1(5) in an Exchange 2007 environment. What I can also say is that our Callmanager system was not installed properly/is very old and we're in the process of fixing that, but I'd like to address this issue in the meantime if possible.

Over the past several months, several of our users will have their MWI indicators on their phones (All Cisco 7960s) remain on even if they do not currently have any messages. I can turn it off through the ccmuser page or by dialing the MWI off extension, but then it will continue to stay off when new messages come in as it should. On the Unity subscribers page under Messages, the Indicator Lamps option is set to Off even though the light remains on.

The only way we have been able to resolve this in the past is to do a reboot of the Unity server, but that fix is no longer working. I am also receiving an error on the Unity server in the application log stating the following:

Event Type:        Warning
Event Source:    AvWM_MC
Event Category:                Error
Event ID:              29006