[cisco-voip] has anyone seen this !

Philip Walenta pwalenta at wi.rr.com
Sun Jun 8 05:53:35 EDT 2008

Not to sound harsh here...but...ANYTHING connected to the Internet should
always be firewalled/protected.

Would you put an open PC on the Internet?  No...unless you want it to become
part of a botnet.

This is basic security.  I've been running a 2811 on the Internet with CME
for years - BUT I *always* have the firewall and IDS feature sets active.

Now...all that being said...most 18xx/28xx/38xx routers I've worked with
come with HUGE warnings on them about turning on security - in fact it even
has an account by default out of the box.  It is up to the users installing
them to read the warnings and understand the environment in which they are
putting the device.

I'm not trying to offend you.....just change your way of thinking when it
comes to attaching anything to the Internet.

  _____