[cisco-voip] IPCCX Agent Call Recording ?

TechGuy techguy at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 16:20:11 EDT 2008

Running IPCCX Premium 4.0(5)_Build042

IPCC Express 4.0 Cisco Agent Desktop 6.1(5) (Premium Version)

Build 6.1.4.5

>From the Agent Desktop there is a Start Record and Stop Record button.
Agent Desktop is running on PC that is connected to the back of the IP
Phone.

Are those record buttons standard?  Or is that custom?  Can't seem to get
agent recording to work but honestly I can't find a whole lot on it.  I see
a good bit of info regarding recording from the supervisor desktop and all
the various things like ensuring SPAN ports and what not.

Figured it would be a little easier approaching it from the Agent Desktop,
but maybe not.

Starting to think the VTGO Advanced softphone would be a cheaper option to
allow a few users to record calls occasionally but who knows.

Any advice or input would be appreciated.  The issue boils down to having
about 5 people in a certain department with IP Phones who would like the
ability to record calls due to the work they do.  They don't want to record
everything just on demand kind of recording.

Since we have some available licensing for our IPCCX thought that might be
an option.  I have used Cistera products at another place but that stuff is
so expensive for such basic needs.