[cisco-voip] SIP Trunks to provider

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Tue Jun 10 15:05:58 EDT 2008

In my initial talks with one provider here, we were a little dissappointed. First of all, they weren't able to offer any hard fast facts. It was all "soon to be available". Second of all, they would only allow a percentage of the network connection to be consumed by VOIP traffic. So if I wanted a 15MB SIP connection I would need to order a 30MB data connection to meet a 50% rule.

Quite honestly, I don't think SIP there just yet. We have plans to replace our PRI equipment but I think we will continue using 6608s until SIP is ready. If we find that it's still not ready, then we can buy some PRI ports for our 3845s (if they are in place).

Lelio
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
(519) 824-4120 x56354 (519) 767-1060 FAX (JNHN)
...seen on a Geek Squad patch cord: "While it is the same length, this 7' crossover cable
is not regulation issue for most competitive Manhattan double dutch leagues.