[cisco-voip] Unity Delayed Delivery Voicemails

Pat Hayes pat-cv at wcyv.com
Tue Jun 17 00:22:00 EDT 2008

With some basics tests, you can at least narrow down where the delay is
happening. The easiest thing to check (once you've enabled it :-) ) is
Exchange Message Tracking. When does it show the message is received? If
it is delayed, you're looking at a problem with Unity connecting to
Exchange, if not, Unity is off the hook.

If message tracking shows it arriving on time, but being delivered to
the user late, then that is of course an exchange problem. If it shows
delivery at the proper time, then it might be time to start confirming
people's stories. Most times in this sort of scenario, it is really just
delayed MWI, it'd be relatively unlikely for message tracking to show a
message delivered at time X, but have it not available to the user/Unity
for another hour or two.

-Pat