[cisco-voip] IPCC CAD on a Windows Thin Client

Micah Bennett mbennett at als-xtn.com
Tue Jun 17 16:34:35 EDT 2008

For our call center we are testing how a Windows thin client connection
to a loaded server will work.  If this works it will allow us to
eliminate all the PC hardware on the call center floor and users will
just have terminal connection to the server.  They will still use CAD
and the phone on their desk.

For the first test we are just going to use terminal services (remote
desktop).  User on the thin client will RD to the server and launch
their session with all the stuff they need.

For the second test we are going to use VMware to simulate different PC
images on the server for users who have different levels of access.

Hope this makes sense.  Has anyone tried this?  Any things to watch out
for?

Micah Bennett
Telecommunications Admin
Automated License Systems