[cisco-voip] How do I mirror drives on a MCS 7825H2?

Louis Koekemoer (ZA) Louis.Koekemoer at za.didata.com
Fri Jun 20 05:09:54 EDT 2008

I have a small issue. I have a customer who is running IPCC on a MCS 7825H2 server. Now they have an identical server as a backup. Now these servers is cold-pluggable. I need to mirror the drives so both servers have the exact copy of the OS and IPCC. If I look on Cisco, the talk about a single slot, and a duplex slot. Firstly which is the single slot, and which is the duplex slot? Can I boot from either of them? Also the "new" drive that I'll be introducing will have an old OS on it. Should I first format it? And when that is done, could I plug it into any slot on the 2nd server? Any ideas on how to do this?

Kind Regards

Louis Koekemoer
Cisco IPT Systems Engineer
Dimension Data South Africa