[cisco-voip] Paging system

Norton, Mike mikenorton at pwsd76.ab.ca
Thu Jun 26 18:52:30 EDT 2008

Correct - if the paging system is configured to act as a station then it
will expect battery and ringing so you must provide an FXS port.
However, many paging systems can be configured as to the type of
interface. I always try to configure the paging system to provide a
trunk, that way I can connect it to an FXO port and not have to worry
about disconnect issues.

Using FXO also allows for easy flexibility in sending further digits to
the paging system (via route patterns).

--
Mike Norton
I.T. Support