[nsp] BRI problem on 3640 series cisco router

From: Muhammad Faisal Rauf Danka (mfrd@attitudex.com)
Date: Mon Jun 10 2002 - 06:03:35 EDT

Dear Fellows

We just purchased a 3640 router with 4-port BRI ( S/T interface ) card , we also have a 2522 router with one port BRI card , we have 4 isdn lines, 3 of then are siemens, our region is asia and here we are using the basic-net3 switch type , the problem we are facing is that when we plugin our bri line in 3640 router's bri port its layer 1 and layer 2 don't show up but at same moment when we plug the same ISDN line into our 2522 router's bri port its working fine and shows every thing alright,
i am giving you the status of both of my routers bri ports.

[ 3640 bri port status ]
------------------------
Global ISDN Switchtype = basic-net3
ISDN BRI2/0 interface
        dsl 16, interface ISDN Switchtype = basic-net3
    Layer 1 Status:
        DEACTIVATED
    Layer 2 Status:
        Layer 2 NOT Activated
    Layer 3 Status:
        0 Active Layer 3 Call(s)
    Active dsl 16 CCBs = 0
    The Free Channel Mask: 0x80000003
    Number of L2 Discards = 0, L2 Session ID = 0

[ 2522 bri port status ]
------------------------
Global ISDN Switchtype = basic-net3
ISDN BRI0 interface
        dsl 0, interface ISDN Switchtype = basic-net3
    Layer 1 Status:
        ACTIVE
    Layer 2 Status:
        TEI = 65, Ces = 1, SAPI = 0, State = MULTIPLE_FRAME_ESTABLISHED
    Layer 3 Status:
        0 Active Layer 3 Call(s)
    Activated dsl 0 CCBs = 0
    The Free Channel Mask: 0x80000003
    Total Allocated ISDN CCBs = 0

Note: ISDN line is same.

Someone suggested me to upgrade my IOS, others suggested that BRI interface card might be faulty.

Any help is appreciated in this manner.

Regards,
---------
Muhammad Faisal Rauf Danka

Chief Technology Officer
Gem Internet Services (Pvt) Ltd.
web: www.gem.net.pk

Vice President
Pakistan Computer Emergency Responce Team (PakCERT)
web: www.pakcert.org

Chief Security Analyst
Applied Technology Research Center (ATRC)
web: www.atrc.net.pk

[ATTITUDEX.COM]
http://www.attitudex.com/

Promote your group and strengthen ties to your members with email@yourgroup.org by Everyone.net http://www.everyone.net/?btn=tag