RE: [nsp] Ethernet errors between 7500/PA-FE-TX and 3548XL switch

From: Jeff Wheat (jeff@cetlink.net)
Date: Mon Jun 12 2000 - 14:29:12 EDT

We have a similar problem with a 3640 and a 2924XL. The FastEther
is setup like the interface below and the switch is set for 100M
/ Full Duplex. I had the same thing happening with a couple 7513's
and the 2924XL though in those cases, turning off keepalives solved
it. This is not the case with the 36400/2924XL though. Even turning
off the keepalives and making sure that the duplex and speed were
locked at 100/full on both ends, the problem persists. So far Cisco
has not been able to figure it out. We have replaced the 2924XL, as
well as the cables and FastEther adapter. Any suggestions would be
very much appreciated.

Best regards,
Jeff