Re: [nsp] BGP Multihome

From: Philip Smith (pfs@cisco.com)
Date: Thu Aug 24 2000 - 21:31:54 EDT

Use a private ASN. Their routers are not sitting in your ASN, they are
sitting in their own ASN, they are using their own IGP. So I don't
understand the perceived liability problem - what is the difference as far
as the world is concerned between this customer and one connected via a
static route? In both cases, the route object is in the registry with their
name on it...

On the technical side:
  - remember to use "remove-private-AS" before you announce the customer
addresses to the Internet.
  - if the customer gets their address space from you and the other
provider, check out the BGP conditional advertisement feature.

HTH,

philip

--

At 14:59 24/08/00 -0400, OZhang@tsibroadband.net wrote: >Hello All, > > We have a customer who wants to do BGP multihome but does not want to >go through the hassle of applying their AS number. We are not >comfortable to have their routers sitting in our AS since we will be liable >for their problems if we do so. Has anyone come across this problem. >If so, how do you resolved it ? > >-Ou Zhang