[nsp] CGMP leave vs. HSRP

From: Dana McIntosh (dana@nimbus.skycache.com)
Date: Mon Dec 18 2000 - 17:37:31 EST

Greetings,
Ive recently run into the problem of flooding caused by using both cgmp
leave-processing and HSRP on the same switched segment.. However, I dont
quite understand why this happens, and the cisco documentation is
especially vague on this. The best explination I can find is at:
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/iosw/prodlit/cgmp_an.htm
but it still leaves me with a couple questions.. The HSRP stand-by address
uses a MAC that is not the router multicast mac... how does this
interruption of router to router HSRP packets by CGMP affect the
reachability of the standby address by the remote host? Can anyone flesh
out my knowledge of this "feature"?

TIA,
Dana McIntosh Network Engineer
Cidera, Inc. (301)598.0500 ext 2017