Re: [nsp] Multiple T1s versus MLPPP

From: Miguel A.L. Paraz (map@internet.org.ph)
Date: Tue Feb 13 2001 - 21:18:09 EST

On Tue, Feb 13, 2001 at 11:54:57AM -0800, Jim Warner wrote:
> Per-packet load balancing allows the router to send data packets over
> successive equal-cost paths without regard to individual destination
> hosts or user sessions. Path utilization is good, but packets destined
> for a given destination host might take different paths and might arrive
> out of order.

I suppose this is not a problem if all the T1's (or E1's in my case) are
talking to the same router on the other end?

I think that the CPU is not heavily used if it will just do round-robin,
would it? While CEF would use up the CPU and RAM?

We're in the process of getting a NxE1 link to a US provider and am not sure
of what technology would be used.

--

http://www.internet.org.ph The Philippine Internet Resource Mobile Voice/Messaging: +63-917-810-9728