Re: [nsp] Cisco 7600OSR and its line cards....

From: Oleg Tabarovsky (olg@amt.ru)
Date: Wed Mar 07 2001 - 07:48:15 EST

Patrick,

Non-OSM GE cards do not have on-board PXF, thus do not have normal L3
QoS functionality (as well as some advanced per destination
services, shaping & accounting). The same (no PXF connection) is true
for 4GE ports on OSM cards, which are just Pinnacle connected ports.
The other difference between GE-OSM and GE-switch that GE-OSM are
just router ports, which are not connected to switch ports domain
thus cann't be a part of VLAN. Regarding the performance both
cards are fabric enabled and correspondently bus is 30 Mpps capable
in presence of any card.

--

Best regards -- Oleg Tabarovsky E-mail: olg@amt.ru CCIE #1581 Phone: +7 095 725 7666 Technical Director Fax: +7 095 725 7663 AMT Group Mobile:+7 095 762 9632 ICQ: 15574076 http://www.amt.ru