RE: [nsp] 7500 trouble

From: Daniel Golding (dan@netrail.net)
Date: Wed Mar 07 2001 - 18:04:51 EST

The other solution is to look closely and see if there are square little
holes for GBICs on the front. This is an easy tipoff that it's really a
GEIP.

:)

Sorry, couldn't resist...

Seriously, from what I could ever tell, there's no difference between the
"VIP" part of a GBIC and a VIP-2/50. They appear to be identical. Have you
tried sliding a PA into one of them?

- Daniel Golding