Re: (nsp) IOS 12.0(15)S: Any Feedback on dCEF/CEF/VIP's on 75xx

From: Simon Leinen (simon@limmat.switch.ch)
Date: Fri Mar 16 2001 - 16:17:15 EST

> Bad news again:
> We found out that we were getting more and more routing problems
> with 12.0(15)S1 and dCEF enabled:

> various withdrawn routes (static and BGP) are not properly
> removed from CEF/FIB with the effect, that traceroutes from the
> router itself are taking the proper path but switched/forwarded
> packets are still taking the withdrawn path. And I didn't find
> any other way than reloading the box to clear this problem.

Yup, we have seen something like this too. We noticed it with the
default route in particular - we have partial routing and point
default towards our two US PoPs; when one of the tarnsatlantic links
fails, some traffic ends up in loops because of these entries.

I found that I could get the stale entries removed from the FIB by
asserting and then retiring a static route as in

foo(config)#ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 POS1/0
foo(config)#no ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 POS1/0

[...]
> On TAC recommendation we now switched to 12.1(7) and we've got
> an RSP8 from our supplier in case we finally have to disable
> dCEF again.

Maybe I should try that too.

--
Simon Leinen				       simon@babar.switch.ch
SWITCH				   http://www.switch.ch/misc/leinen/

Who is General Failure & why's he reading my disk?