[nsp] WCCP and "distant" customers

From: Miguel A.L. Paraz (map@internet.org.ph)
Date: Fri Mar 16 2001 - 23:04:36 EST

Hi,

I have WCCPv1 working between a 7206 with 12.0.14(S), and squid 2.3stable4,
*if* the clients are on the leased lines connected directly to the 7206.
A redirect-list controls the clients to redirect by IP.

For clients on other routers that point default to the 7206, it works for
a while, and then later on they fail. The end-users' web sessions just stall.
The hits on the access-list counters stop increasing, and the squid access
log stops registering requests coming from them.

Any ideas as to what to look at?

If this really won't work by design, then I'd have to enable WCCP on the
access routers/RAS's. If the remote RAS is at a location without any cache
server, is it a good idea to make it point to a distant squid server? Or
should the two be "close" or on the same LAN?

Thanks!

--

http://www.internet.org.ph The Philippine Internet Resource Mobile Voice/Messaging: +63-917-810-9728