[nsp] REG: LABEL Distribution

From: Vinod Anthony Joseph Cherunni (vac@dsqworld.com)
Date: Tue Mar 20 2001 - 02:58:26 EST

Dear All,

If TDP / LDP is used for distribution of labels / tags on a network that
carries MPLS VPN traffic, & other types of traffic such as Internet
traffic as well, Will the interface command "tag-switching ip / mpls ip"
result in labels / tags being generated for all IP prefixes. Generally how
is it handled on a Service provider network. I am a little worried on what
impact it would have on the Internet traffic traversing my network.

Is is mandatory that the global configuration command "tag-switching ip /
mpls ip" should be entered, or else whether the interface commands
"tag-switching ip / mpls ip" only should be issued. The reason being only
when the global command is also given along with the interface
counterpart, I am able to view the TDP bindings for the IP Prefixes, This
is in the case, when I had tried out using TDP as the distribution
protocol.

Kindly enlighten me.

With warm regards,
Vinod.