[nsp] [nsp] Switch error

From: Felix Lee (felixlee_hk@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat May 05 2001 - 01:32:10 EDT

Hi all,

Please help to give some input on this issue.
I have two routers, they are connected to a switch with 10Mbps ethernet, I
have fixed the port speed at 10 on the switch. When I put in "half duplex"
on one of the port, "Single-Col Multi-Col" will increase; if the duplex
mode is "Full", " Align-Err FCS-Err" will increase. What should be the
correct setting for this ?

Felix

Port Name Status Vlan Level Duplex Speed Type
---- ------------------- ---------- ---------- ------ ------ -----
------------
2/1 connected 1 normal half 10
10/100BaseTX

Port Align-Err FCS-Err Xmit-Err Rcv-Err UnderSize
---- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------
2/1 0 0 0 0 0

Port Single-Col Multi-Coll Late-Coll Excess-Col Carri-Sens Runts Giants
---- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------
---------
2/1 54647 16078 0 0 0 0
  0

Port Name Status Vlan Level Duplex Speed Type
---- ------------------- ---------- ---------- ------ ------ -----
------------
2/2 connected 1 normal full 10
10/100BaseTX

Port Align-Err FCS-Err Xmit-Err Rcv-Err UnderSize
2/2 32709 2286 0 0 1

Port Single-Col Multi-Coll Late-Coll Excess-Col Carri-Sens Runts Giants
---------
2/2 0 0 0 0 0 17619
  0