Re: [nsp] [nsp] Switch error

From: sthaug@nethelp.no
Date: Sat May 05 2001 - 01:41:11 EDT

> Please help to give some input on this issue.
> I have two routers, they are connected to a switch with 10Mbps ethernet, I
> have fixed the port speed at 10 on the switch. When I put in "half duplex"
> on one of the port, "Single-Col Multi-Col" will increase; if the duplex
> mode is "Full", " Align-Err FCS-Err" will increase. What should be the
> correct setting for this ?

Most likely half duplex - but it should be possible to check the routers
(documentation, manufacturer etc) to *know* the correct setting.

With half duplex Ethernet, both single and multiple collisions are normal
and expected (though you would expect considerable fewer multiple collisions
than single collisions).