Re: [nsp] rate-limit and routing updates

From: Kevin Gannon (kevin@gannons.net)
Date: Fri May 18 2001 - 15:24:05 EDT

For priority queuing it does have an affect so I can not see why
CAR would be any different.

Regards,
Kevin

>Hello guys and gals,
>
>I have rather interesting question. If I have a rate-limit *without* access
>list applied to the interface, e.g.
>
>int TypeX/Y/Z
>rate-limit input <rate> <burst> etc.
>
>would this statement affect routing updates sent and received via this
>interface? Routing protocols of particular interest are OSPF, eBGP, iBGP and
>multihop eBGP. Probably IS-IS, too. ;)
>
>Authoritatvive answer is much appreciated. ;)
>
>P.S. "Affect" in my context would be "would this rate-limit statement in any
>way interfere with the flow of routing packets, even if they are contribute
>to the traffic exceeding <rate> limitation?"
>
>SY,
>--
> CCNP, CCDP (R&S) Dmitri E. Kalintsev
> CDPlayer@irc Network Architect @ connect.com.au
> dek @ connect.com.au phone: +61 39 674 3913 fax: 251 3666
> http://-UNAVAIL- UIN:7150410 cell: +61 41 335 1634

All e-mails for technical support must be cc'd to support@lancomms.ie. This
ensures that the call is logged with the support desk and the case is actively
tracked which speeds up the response you will receive. If you have an urgent
problem you _must_ contact the support desk directly on 01-4093030.