RE: [nsp] 7206 NPE 200

From: KF (kf@reign.sk)
Date: Tue May 29 2001 - 12:11:41 EDT

The cosmic ray's is an issue.

greetz

Alex

-----Original Message-----
From: jlewis@lewis.org [mailto:jlewis@lewis.org]
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2001 5:43 PM
To: George Robbins
Cc: gert@greenie.muc.de; cisco-nsp@puck.nether.net; kf@reign.sk
Subject: Re: [nsp] 7206 NPE 200

On Tue, 29 May 2001, George Robbins wrote:

> This particular issue would be more important if NPE-225's were
> much cheaper, faster or if they were readily available on the used
> equipment market. 8-)

It's still an issue since they come with only 64mb...and generally any ISP
buying one will want 128-256mb and not want to pay the premium[1] Cisco
charges for "Cisco memory".

[1] in the past Cisco has generally charged about 10x market price for
memory. If their memory is so good, why do I keep having access-servers
with 32mb original Cisco simms have their memory go bad and need
replacement? Cosmic rays?

 Jon Lewis *jlewis@lewis.org*|  I route
 Atlantic Net                |