Re: [nsp] Re :->RE: subinterfaces on cisco2511

From: Nils Vogels (nivo+cisco-nsp@yuckfou.org)
Date: Sat Jun 30 2001 - 13:36:07 EDT

On Sat, Jun 30, 2001 at 01:45:11AM -0400, eliz linav wrote:

> Hi Everybody,
> I donot intend to have mulitiple addresses but want
> to have real subinterfaces to test an VPN application.
> Could anybody give details to how to do with VLAN
> trunking?
> Pls give a more detailed step-by-step approach to do
> it.

IIRC, Cisco does not support ISL or dot1q on 10Mbit ethernet, so step one
would be to get a new router ...

--
Nils Vogels		PGP:0xC26BD15F Available on keyservers.
S@H:1770WU/2.704yr	--> setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu. Will you find aliens?

Why did it happen ? BOFH Excuse: Of course it doesn't work. We've performed a software upgrade.