[nsp] OSPF design question

From: Nick (nick@arc.net.my)
Date: Mon Aug 20 2001 - 04:06:56 EDT

Just a quick question on OSPF design. We have a main PoP site POP1 and this
is connected to 2 other PoP sites POP2 and POP3 via 2xE1 links. Usually all
traffic out to the Internet from these PoPs is via POP1.We would like to
include a third 1xE1 link between POP2 and POP3 for backup and redundancy to
POP1 when either 2xE1 link is down. Is this possible via the backup
interface/backup delay commands? Any caveats to look out for?

Also is it possible to load this 1xE1 link for traffic to POP1 when say the
POP3-POP1 2xE1 link is congested - to load some traffic via
POP3->1xE1->POP2->POP1->Internet? Is this possible via the backup
interface/backup load + ip ospf cost commands? Any caveats to look out for?

As for the areas, all the interfaces mention are participating in Area 0.

Thanks is advance.

-nick

Internet

-------- 2xE1 --------