RE: [nsp] low bandwidth over GRE and L2TP

From: KF (kf@reign.sk)
Date: Tue Oct 16 2001 - 05:32:47 EDT

Yup....

also possibility is to configure on the GRE tunnels endpoint IP MTU 1500, then this two boxes will strat to fragment IP-GRE packets,
and you can avoid problems with some Windoze applications using DF bit set.

It looks like, that your bandwidth is around 64Kbit.. If so, then don't forget that MS RPC and REDIRECTOR need more overhead and
quick response time to be fast enough....

At all ... forget the "MS SHARING" over 64K .... it sux.. When using any other applications like MS EXCHANGE (up to 5.5) (2000 using
SMTP by default) than also will get probs with RPC over such medium (tunnels)... (but RPC is crypyted by defaut... so what do you
prefer?)

Alex