RE: [nsp] Input and CRC errors on PA-2T3

From: Deepak Jain (deepak@ai.net)
Date: Fri Apr 05 2002 - 16:40:48 EST

On Thu, Apr 04, 2002 at 09:34:00AM +0800, Angelo De Guzman wrote:
> Hi,
> I hava a PA-2T3 connection going to a remote site. When I try to do
> extended ping I dont get any errors. I even tried to increase the bit
pattern,
> increase the byte size and still I dont get input errors and frame errors.
Once
> I enable BGP peering to the remote site, then the input and CRC errors
keeps on
> incrementing. The same number ccan be seen on the input and CRC erros.
Anyone
> encountered this problem before?

Check the signal level coming in from the telco. I've seen this sort of
thing before on a paticularly troublesome DS3, and it turned out the
front-end receiver was being overloaded. (The PA evetually burned out.)

---

I have seen this problem with the LBO on PA-2T3s too, though not the burn out part. :)

If correcting the LBO on both sides doesn't fix the problem, let us know.

DJ