Re: [nsp] Question about long-haul point-to-point

From: Chris Layne (clayne@noc.netcom.net)
Date: Mon Dec 22 1997 - 11:21:51 EST

On Fri, 19 Dec 1997 BDickson@teleglobe.ca wrote:

> >Do you have any recommendations on equipment? The only things I've seen
> >like this max out at 7 or 8 T1's.

A known, good product, atleast in my eyes and experience, are the Verilink
multiplexing CSU/DSUs. I believe they will scale to 8 DS1s, and support alot of
configurations. They will also aggregate the bandwidth at the physical layer,
so the higher layers don't have to concentrate on aggregation/load balancing.

> > If possible, I'd like something that went all the way.
>
> Spoken like a true geek. ;-)
>
> Brian Dickson
> Teleglobe

One of the reasons not many products support this is because after a certain
point (4 - 8 DS1s, depending on who you utilize) it becomes economically wise
to purchase a DS3 instead.

== Chris Layne ==================================== Network Administrator ==
== clayne@noc.netcom.net ====================== Netcom Network Operations ==