Re: [nsp] Router Reset problem

From: Everett Dowd (edowd@interserv.com)
Date: Wed Mar 25 1998 - 09:49:19 EST

Hi,

Why not just wr net to your tftp server, or if you want to bring it to
the
router/device why not copy it from the tftp server to the router...

        conf net --- Will permit you to tftp the file to your router (keep
security tight)
        wr net --- Will permit you to write to your tftp server. (must be
world writable)

You are copying over yourself with what you are doing... Can you send
the last command "copy start run" all by itself without crashing? Are
you redefining the PVC's each time?

Michael Smith wrote:

> Hello All:
>
> I have a 7505 that, upon issuing the following commands, reboots itself with
> a Bus error. I have a case open with TAC, but they have to hunt down a
> particular programmer to decode the stac trace, and it may take several
> days.
>
> Here it is:
>
> copy tftp start
> copy start run
>
> I have about 100 PVC's on 7 serial ports and, upon issuing the copy ru sta
> portion, I get about 90 "PVC already defined" messages and then it just
> stops and reboots.
>
> We used to do configs on the router and then offload them to the tftp
> server, but I'm trying put all the configs under revision control, so I
> would prefer this method.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Mike
>
> Michael K. Smith
> Senior Network Administrator - Northwest Link
> (800) 390-1270
> http://www.nwlink.com
> mksmith@nwlink.com

Everett Dowd                         edowd@interserv.com