[nsp] Router Reset problem

From: Michael Smith (mksmith@nwlink.com)
Date: Wed Mar 25 1998 - 12:18:49 EST

Hello All:

I have a 7505 that, upon issuing the following commands, reboots itself with
a Bus error. I have a case open with TAC, but they have to hunt down a
particular programmer to decode the stac trace, and it may take several
days.

Here it is:

copy tftp start
copy start run

I have about 100 PVC's on 7 serial ports and, upon issuing the copy ru sta
portion, I get about 90 "PVC already defined" messages and then it just
stops and reboots.

We used to do configs on the router and then offload them to the tftp
server, but I'm trying put all the configs under revision control, so I
would prefer this method.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Mike

Michael K. Smith
Senior Network Administrator - Northwest Link
(800) 390-1270
http://www.nwlink.com
mksmith@nwlink.com