RE: [j-nsp] Does Juniper support CR-LDP ?

From: Vijay Gill (vijay@umbc.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 17 2001 - 17:16:39 EDT

On Tue, 17 Jul 2001, David Xu wrote:

> I think there would be an inter-operation issue if Juniper talks to a
> router/switch which supports CR-LDP. Furthermore the different type of
> labels (VPI/VCI, DLCI, wave-length, shim labels...) would be another issue.

Lets be realistic here, chances of a router (juniper or otherwise) talking
with a router/switch which supports anything other than ospf/isis/bgp and
RSVP-TE are fairly remote, and hopefully, thanks to the telcom meltdown,
should be getting remoter by the day. The wavelength, VPI/VCI, DLCI, shim
label days are essentially OVER for the short term future and not a day
too soon.

AKA, I don't think this lack of support of CR-LDP is going to be a major
concern going forward.

thanks

have a nice day

/vijay