RE: [j-nsp] Does Juniper support CR-LDP ?

From: Kireeti Kompella (kireeti@juniper.net)
Date: Tue Jul 17 2001 - 17:57:01 EDT

> I think there would be an inter-operation issue if Juniper talks to a
> router/switch which supports CR-LDP.

We haven't had any issue so far. Also, so far, such requests have
been purely theoretical, i.e., no one has said, such-and-such router/
switch speaks only CR-LDP, and will not interoperate with Junipers.

Two other things to keep in mind: Cisco doesn't (as far as I know)
implement CR-LDP; and Nortel, a major proponent of CR-LDP, also does
RSVP-TE. Since you are from Nortel, you must be aware that Juniper
and Nortel did an RSVP-based GMPLS demo at SuperComm.

Kireeti.