RE: [j-nsp] Extranet in MPLS VPNs

From: Gary Tate (gtate@juniper.net)
Date: Mon Oct 15 2001 - 13:27:44 EDT

Hi Bala,

Sorry for the late response, I miss-filed your mail for a response,
See comments inline.

Gary

I believe in this case I would simply add the interface for CE6 into the
VRF, VPNAB and add the additional routes required for this new site.

>2. On the same lines, what if CE6 instead is part of VPN A and
>some other VPN C ? How will this affect the configuration ?

In this case you would have to create another VRF for VPN-AC with the
appropriate RIB-Groups.

>Before you could research further, are these two cases 'real world' ?

With extranets I believe anything could be asked for.

>TIA
>
>bala
>

>P.S. A comment on the doc. Calling the sites as "VPNA", "VPNB"
>and "VPNAB"
>is confusing. Perhaps you can choose a better name that describes the
>scenario ?

I will send this on the appropriate people internally. Do you have any
suggestions for names?