Per packet load balancing

From: Andrew Smith (as160@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Oct 18 2001 - 01:44:35 EDT

Hi, all

I have a question regarding this.

If I've enabled per-packet load balancing for all
routes. Assuming IP2 in this case. As stated on the
doc:

"
user@host# set policy-options policy-statement
load-balancing-policy then load-balance per-packet

user@host# set routing-options forwarding-table export
load-balancing-policy"

Assume I have 4 equal cost links for 8 destinations.
With the above config, will each link carry the same
number of destinations? (i.e. 2 destinations per
link)

What determines which destination is assigned to which
link?

I know you could achieve this by using filtering,
however, I like to know what is the default behavior
is.

TIA
---andrew