[j-nsp] Redundancy configurations

From: Andrew Smith (as160@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Oct 18 2001 - 01:53:04 EDT

Hi, all

I am a bit confused about the RE redundancy.

It says in the doc that,
"
The sequence of events is as follows:
1. After 20 seconds of keepalive loss, a message is
logged.
2. After 300 seconds of keepalive loss (default
setting), the backup Routing Engine
attempts to assume mastership. An alarm is generated
whenever the backup is active
and the display is updated with status."

My confusion comes in because if I pulled Active RE or
use cli to do a master toggle. The back up RE seems
to start process to come online right away. So, which
situations the above timers are applied to?

Thanks for the explanations.

---andrew