per-destination rate-limit

From: Dmitri Kalintsev (dek@hades.uz)
Date: Sun Nov 18 2001 - 21:45:16 EST

Hi Juniper people,

Does anybody know if something does exist or planned:

per-dest-rate-limit {
        prefix 1.2.3.0/24 max-rate 56kbps;
        prefix 4.3.2.0/20 max-rate 2mbps;
}

then apply this to inbound rate-limiter machine, and it would work like
this: receive packet, look its destination IP address up in the table, apply
rate-limit as per spec. Basically, say I have few IP blocks for my dial-up
users, and I know for sure that none of these IP addresses will consume more
than 56kbps at any point in time, so I police it that way.

SY,

--
 CCNP, CCDP (R&S)                          Dmitri E. Kalintsev
 CDPlayer@irc               Network Architect @ connect.com.au