RE: [j-nsp] Cisco equivilant to an M5?

From: Joseph Lin (jlin@doradosoftware.com)
Date: Thu Dec 06 2001 - 17:22:27 EST

Technology aside, I think JunOS would have a slight higher learning curve
for someone who is used to IOS-like CLI... but once you get used to it, its
much superior.

Plus sometimes I wonder is it worth spending extra cash on a router upfront
or buy a new one. I used to recommend buying the latest and greatest PC
would be better than buying one that satisfies today's needs and get another
one of more power when the need arises...

maybe routers are different, their price seems to hold pretty well.

any thoughts on that?

Joe Lin
Dorado Software
Network Facing Team