[j-nsp] Differentiating MPLS VPN

From: Bala Subrahmanyam Venkata (bsubrahm@doradosoftware.com)
Date: Fri Jun 22 2001 - 11:10:42 EDT

This question was actually posted by me even in the MPLS OPs list. I wanted
to know Juniper's stand on this.

Suppose if I have an MPLS core network with 4 PEs (PE1, PE2, PE3 and PE4).
Say I also have two LSPs between PE1 and PE2 - one with a bigger bandwidth
and the other one with a less bw. If I group these two PEs (PE1 and PE2) in
a 2547bis VPN, can I steer the VPN traffic into one of those two LSPs I have
between the PEs ? If so how ?

Also what happens if PE3 and PE4 now decide to be part of that VPN ? Do I
need to do the same between all the PEs if I want to steer the VPN traffic
between them into one of the LSPs between them ??

TIA

bala