[j-nsp] Hot-plugable power-supplies in a M20 ?

From: Strahler, Carsten (Carsten.Strahler@lambdanet.net)
Date: Thu Dec 13 2001 - 10:02:57 EST

In the hardware-manual of the M20 I found these two statements :

>Hot-removable and hot-insertable-You can remove and replace these
components without
>powering down the system and disrupting routing functions. Power supplies,
fan assemblies, >and Flexible PIC Concentrators (FPCs) are hot-removable and
hot-insertable.

>Verify that a DC power supply is installed correctly:
>Make certain the ejector is clamped down and the thumbscrew is tightened.
>Turn the power switch on the power supply to the ON position.
>If the power supply is functioning normally, the green OK power supply LED
directly below >the handle lights.
>Turning on the power supply causes the router to boot.

I guess there is a conflict between these two points. When I use a
hot-removable and hot-insertable component, the router mustn't reboot after
turning on a replaced component.

Carsten Strahler

IP Planning

Lambdanet Communications GmbH (AS 13237)
Guenther-Wagner-Allee 13
D-30177 Hannover (Germany)

Phone +49 (0)511 / 84 88 - 12 86
Fax +49 (0)511 / 84 88 - 12 59