Re: [j-nsp] Hot-plugable power-supplies in a M20 ?

From: Markolf Gudjons (eedmgu@eed.ericsson.se)
Date: Thu Dec 13 2001 - 10:14:22 EST

Carsten,

On Thu, 13 Dec 2001, Strahler, Carsten wrote:

> >Turning on the power supply causes the router to boot.
> I guess there is a conflict between these two points. When I use a
> hot-removable and hot-insertable component, the router mustn't reboot after
> turning on a replaced component.
It says "boot", not "reboot". Read in context, it's pretty clear this
refers to initial installation, not replacement. It's merely a warning
that turning on the router makes it boot (as opposed to having to flick
another cut-off switch someplace else).

Replacing a power supply won't reboot the machine.

- Markolf