Re: [j-nsp] cdp equivalent

From: anthracite blond (benji@haven.boston.ma.us)
Date: Sat Jan 12 2002 - 09:57:40 EST

On Fri, 11 Jan 2002, Matt Mayes wrote:
> I have lab environment with several cisco and juniper boxes. Does anyone
> know if there exists a juniper equivalent of cdp? If so, can you point me
> to some documentation.

If you're using Sonet links, both Cisco and Juniper devices will transmit
basic device information (hostname, port name and IP address (Cisco only))
using the path trace field.

Use "show controller" or "show interfaces extensive."

        benji

--
Benjamin R. Cline	Large Furry Mammal 	benji@haven.boston.ma.us
"I'd rather learn from one bird how to sing than teach ten thousand