[j-nsp] BGP route

From: andrew kevin (andrewkevin2000@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Feb 03 2002 - 23:13:17 EST

Hi,
I found it's strange that BGP of Junos can't follow
the split-horizon rule(BGP is a DV routing protocol),
after receiving EBGP neighbors route , it will send
back those route which learns from the original one to
the source, and the original will reject these routes
according to the AS-PATH attribute.
It will waste the router's resource to send those
routes.
It is different with Cisco's implementation.
Cisco will not send back to the original.It seems even
reasonable.
Or must we configure a policy to preven Junos from
sending updates back?
Or any better method?
Thanks,
Andrew