RE: [j-nsp] BGP route

From: JunoGuy (junoguy@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2002 - 09:00:21 EST

Can you elaborate more on this because (correct me if I am wrong) is MBGP a requirement for MSDP? If not then only a simply BGP session is needed. Even if you use MBGP, routes received from a peer are placed into a routing table based on the SAFI and even in inet.0 and inet.2 you would still get normal Juniper BGP behavior meaning that the same BGP default policy applies to the 2 tables. So how is it that MSDP requires MBGP to poison routes received from a peer in a neighbor AS if the same default policy applies when the routes are received from a peer? Just trying to understand.

JunoGuy