MBGP import policy question

From: Caren Litvanyi (litvanyi@synack.net)
Date: Sun Mar 31 2002 - 17:42:24 EST

Hi,
I am trying to apply different import policies to a peer for
populating inet.0 versus inet.2. The idea is, I'd like to be a
bit more restrictive about what I will actually accept for unicast
routing information than what I will accept as ok for mcast RPF
checks. For example, I don't ever want to use this peer to get
to one of their customers for unicast traffic, but if multicast
traffic is sent from the same customer through this peer, I want
to accept and forward it as appropriate.
I have seen how to do something similar as an export policy, since
the rib can be specified as a match condition. Therefore, you can
say "from inet.0, do one thing; from inet.2, do another". However,
given the "flow" diagrams I have seen of how/where Junos applies
import policy to routing information, I do not see how to do something
similar as an import policy.
I believe in C-land, this would simply be a matter of applying a
different filter or route-map under "address-family ipv4 multicast"
than in the usual neighbor statements.
Any help accomplishing this would be appreciated, especially an example.
Thanks,
Caren