MPLS Modeling Tools

From: Ian Quinn (IanQ@Interconnect.co.nz)
Date: Thu Jul 29 1999 - 16:05:37 EDT

I was wondering if anyone was using or had found any "good" tools to model
traffic on an MPLS network. We're especially interested in being able to
model LSP's with different bandwidth and CoS requirements over a physical
infrastructure, and come up with an optimal offline solution for some or all
of the paths. Being able to also look at what-if scenario's (eg secondary
paths and behaviour when physical infrastructure fails) and being
"Juniper-friendly" would be a bonus!

Maybe it's a little early in the piece for this but any ideas, pointers or
experiences would be gratefully received. This may be a little off-topic -
apologies if it is.

Many thanks.

Regards

Ian Quinn
InterConnect Ltd

Phone: (64 4) 494 1144 Fax: (64 4) 494 1140 Mobile: (64 25) 2477
608
Street: Level 2, 5-7 Willeston Street, Wellington
Postal: PO Box 5527, Lambton Quay, Wellington
E.Mail: ianq@interconnect.co.nz
http://www.interconnect.co.nz