Re: Secondhand, Offlease, Etc.

From: Avi Freedman (avi@freedman.net)
Date: Sun Feb 11 2001 - 23:37:22 EST

> Jesper,
>
> Nice sig, actually we do believe it to be a issue, in doing CEF feature
> testing we too discovered we could support sending packets out of sequence,
> and the knock on effect to the end applications, not just voice & video.
> http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios112/ios112p/gsr/
> cef.htm#xtocid2626427

<snip>

Heh, CEF.

CEF == customer enragement feature.

I'll take a risk of some edge cases causing reordering than years and
years of crappy software causing random failures and catastrophic failures
of routing. Any day.

Especially given the fairly amusing idea of trying to do robust forwarding
on a Cisco amongst the software chaos, while doing things like filtering
and shaping of nasty traffic.

> Frank Bruce

Yes, it's true. I'm a member of SPCBE, the Society for Prevention of
Cruelty to Backbone Engeers.

Avi