Re: Juniper Config for Peering-points

From: nicholas harteau (nrh@ikami.com)
Date: Thu Mar 22 2001 - 11:51:53 EST

Arnd Vehling wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Bauer Kurt wrote:
> > is there an easy way to configure a lot of different peers with different
> > ASes on a Juniper (JunOS 4.3), other than to make a bgp-group for every peer
> > ?? Maybe one group for all peers or something similar ??
>
> You can make one group for all peers, sure.

The one odd thing I've noticed about this is that, atleast in the 4.2
releases of the software that I'm currently running, you need to specify
a bogus peer-as for the entire group before you can specify a real
peer-as inside the neighbor {} heirarchy.

i.e.
group aads-peers {
        peer-as 65535;
        neighbor 206.220.243.666 {