Juniper as egress LSR: to penultimate hop pop, or not?

From: Lane Patterson (lpatterson@equinix.com)
Date: Mon Apr 02 2001 - 16:43:22 EDT

It appears that if I want to use a Juniper as an egress LSR, I MUST
use penultimate hop popping? For example, using signalled LSPs,
juniper will only send RESV's with a "3" label (implicit NULL), and
I don't see knobs for it to use an IPv4 explicit NULL "0" label.

Is this because the juniper forwarding path is incapable of doing
both a label pop and an IPv4 forwarding decision at line rate on
the egress LSR?

Cheers,
-Lane

Lane Patterson <lane@equinix.com>