RE: Juniper as egress LSR: to penultimate hop pop, or not?

From: Kireeti Kompella (kireeti@juniper.net)
Date: Tue Apr 03 2001 - 12:08:02 EDT

> I am going to try and attempt to clarify this concept.

Well, if I may take a shot: Juniper used to support only explicit
null (label of 0) at the egress. To overcome interoperability
problems with ciscos (this was over a year ago), we changed our
behaviour to signal label 3 at egress and do PHP instead. We
didn't add a knob, however, to choose the behaviour.

If you would like to see label 0 signalled at the egress, I suggest
that you contact your sales rep and put in a request for this. Do
let your sales rep know why you think this is useful.

Kireeti.